Father and son team Chris and Graham McConnell are the founders of Nth Round, a software platform that allows business owners and potential investors to find each other. Nth Round allows employees and outside investors to bid for shares in a company. The idea is that the platform simplifies the process of getting funding and liquidity for a business. Chris and Graham tell me how they created the blockchain system Nth Round is built upon. We discuss who benefits from this platform and why they felt it was needed in this current market. Nth Round strives to “level the playing field” for all parties involved and take the flow of capital away from private equity firms and smoke-filled back rooms. These guys are being hailed as game changers, tune in to hear why.
What you will learn:
- Graham’s background in software and finance.
- Chris’s background in business and private equity.
- The problems the guys saw within the private equity world.
- How Nth Round was developed to fight these problems.
- How Nth Round works.
- How companies come to an agreement on the value of their business.
- The 3 target markets Nth Round appeals to.
- How Nth Round equals the playing field for everyone involved.
- How their system is different from private equity and M&A.
- Why venture capitalists have mixed reactions to Nth Round.
- The goals for the company moving forward.
- How video is a great tool to keep business owners and investors in touch.
- The FCC’s reaction to Nth Round.