Brent Beshore is the CEO of Adventur.es, a private equity firm. Adventur.es has a totally different approach to private equity that makes them stand out in the industry. Brent and his team have even written a book to help business owners navigate the tricky and messy world of Mergers and Acquisitions. We discuss the book and why Brent thought it was important to write it. He explains why he prefers employees who don’t have previous experience in the private equity space, and how it makes Adventur.es different from the traditional private equity firm.
What you will learn:
- How Brent stumbled into private equity.
- How Adventur.es raises money.
- The lessons Brent learned in the early days of his business.
- Why Brent and his team wrote The Messy Marketplace.
- What makes Adventur.es unique in the market.
- The benefits of over-communicating with your clients.
- How Brent treats his clients.
- What normally goes wrong in a private equity firm’s approach.
- The 4 key elements Adventur.es keeps in every deal.
- You shouldn’t need a Ph.D. to understand your deal structure.
- Why Adventur.es doesn’t use traditional financing.
- The broken private equity system what it means for the market.
- Why lower markets can’t get traction in this culture.
- Brent’s “do no harm” rule.