Scott Fritz is the author of The 40 Hour Work YEAR, a short read about his POD model. Scott gives talks on his method of exiting a business that is both beneficial to you and healthier for the business. He shares the triggering events that led to this life-changing system. Some would say Scott’s story is impossible but his approach is logical and actionable. If you are considering exiting your company but you are too tied up in it to make it a reality, Scott has a method that you really need to know.
What you will learn:
- Scott’s presentation Transition, Position, Acquisition.
- Why he wrote The 40 Hour Work YEAR.
- Scott’s “mirror moment” and what he did about it.
- The Transition Plan out of the business, the beginning.
- How to create a culture of intrapreneurs.
- How 9/11 slowed things down.
- What ego really means in business, and getting past it.
- Scott’s rule of thumb for engaging his employees to step up.
- The #1 metric that Scott considered the most important.
- Scott’s “weed-eaters” and how it improved the business.
- The importance of an organizational chart.
- The POD model and how it works.
- Why your culture could be the problem.
- The team that helped Scott exit.
- The types of buyers that approached Scott.
- Scott’s 3-step process to Angel Investing.
- Scott’s final thoughts.