Peter Lehrman is the CEO of Axial, an online platform that connects business sellers and buyers to find the best merger and acquisition partnership possible. Peter comes from an entrepreneur family. He studied at Stanford and learned the ins and outs of M&A through the private equity industry. During his time in private equity, Peter saw a very inefficient process that inspired him to develop Axial. He shares how his platform closes information gaps for both sellers and buyers. We discuss the wealth of information business owners can utilize to be better prepared for the M&A process and how Axial promotes those resources.
What you will learn:
- Peter’s time in
businesswith his brother and early experience.
- His time in private equity and what he learned.
- The inefficiencies that Peter hoped to correct with Axial.
- Who does Axial serve?
- Peter’s opinion on the “Baby Boomer Exodus.”
- The 2 major information gaps Axial tries to fill for their clients.
- The importance of reputation in M&A transactions.
- How a seller can find a serious buyer.
- Axial’s commitment to educating their clients.
- Selling a business cannot be delegated out to someone else.
- The 3 drivers of business value.